Sunday, July 17, 2011

URBAN MTB CRIT

 Now that was fun!!! I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into having never done these types of races before.  But I ended up having an awesome time.  I took Sebastian's advice and lined up toward the front.  Of course all of the super fast racers passed me when they got  a chance, but I think I had a pretty good pace going on.  There was a total of 7 women racing yesterday and my goal was only to beat one.  The first 2 women took off like a rockets and I never saw them again until they lapped me toward the end on the last lap.  And the third woman wasn't too far ahead me, but she was just too fast to keep up with.  So, I just held my position knowing that there were still 3 women behind me. I paced myself and ended up doing 6 laps in the 35 minute time limit. I had such a good time and definitely want to do it again next year.  Oh... and thanks to Cody's Mom and Brian for the awesome pictures.   



7 comments:

Mountain Bike Mike said...

Way to go, Madison!

RON said...

awesome job

DIRT GIRL said...

go girl

rider girl said...

sweet

Anonymous said...

nice job out there!!!

Sebastian Ortiz said...

AWESOME - GREAT - SWEET JOB... !!!!!

Madison said...

thanks for the comments guys!!!