Saturday, July 23, 2011

After watching the tour all morning long, I was ready to do a little riding myself.  So, we loaded up and headed over to Lakeland.  It was only about a gazillion degrees out, but no worries, I was going to be riding at my favorite place and I couldn't let a little heat bother me. The trails were perfectly packed today and our ride was going very smoothly.  We came upon Sneaky Snake and for some reason I'm unable to make the last climb out.  I'm terrible about using my gears. I figure, if I can't power up the climb without switching gears, well then... I just can't make it.  But, that's kind of stupid, huh??   So, after my first attempt today, my Dad told me to go 2 gears lower.  And what do you know, I made the climb.  Then, I had to do it  2 more times to make sure it just wasn't a fluke.
1st attempt


Second attempt, I made the climb.
 Now, The Moe was a different story.  I tried this trail for the first time today.  And gee, I counted 13.  13 times I had to put my feet down, not good!!  Lots of rooty climbs followed by tight trees, then more rooty climbs and tight trees.  It was very hard to get going, especially since I kept putting my feet down. But I'm not going to let it discourage me, so maybe next time I will try for 10 (10x feet down).  Pretty descent goal to shoot for, huh???

GO EVANS!!!!

5 comments:

racer girl said...

nice job on a hard climb

ron said...

climb on .... great job

t-6 said...

go rock star

Anonymous said...

awesome job

DIRT GIRL said...

sweeeeeeeet