Saturday, April 30, 2011

Carter

When I found out we were riding at Carter today, I quickly put on my new METAL jersey... and was ready to roll. An hour and a half later, we arrived at Carter.  It couldn't get any better...the weather was awesome, even a little breeze. My sister and I had tons of energy and were ready to hit the trails.  Oh...wait first I have a tree to climb.  Besides mountain biking and  longboarding, I love climbing trees.  I know I'm a dork, but who cares!! 
 Our ride was awesome today.  Man...with my sister getting a little older now (she's almost 7), our family rides flow very nicely!!  No breaks anymore, Kiki just pedals away with no complaining.  She even rode Snake Ridge today for the first time.  Normally, she's scared to try the more difficult trails, but not today!!  You know... she says she wants to start doing Triathlons, but I think she will always be a true mountain biker at heart.  Check out the cool pics from our ride today. 



Are you wondering??  Yes, I finally made it up on the first try.  



This was right before I crashed.  I have cleared this trail about a million times before, but not today.   I think the sand got me at the end of the trail and I crashed really hard. I didn't get hurt, but I had the shakes.  Has that ever happened to you??  I think the crash just caught me off guard, who knows?   The one thing that did make me mad was...I snagged my jersey.  Oh well, I'm sure it's going to be one of many snags, can't stay new forever, right??.    
 After my little crash, and my sister getting a cut on her leg from a tree branch, we decided to shorten our 2nd lap.     AWESOME DAY...AWESOME RIDE!!

4 comments:

rider girl said...

sweet pictures

racer girl said...

love the new jersey

Anonymous said...

One question....Can you get any cooler?

Anonymous said...

that place rules