Monday, October 1, 2012

FSC #3 Hailes Trails

Well, I got a good start.
Thanks for the picture, Mrs. Mace
And that... would be about it.  About 3 quarters in on the 1st lap, I flatted.  I had no CO2's with me, and even if I did, I wouldn't know what the heck to do with them anyway. So trying not to freak out, I pulled out my phone, and called my Dad. I know the rules about getting help, but I didn't plan on finishing the race anyway, so I didn't think it would be a big deal for him to fix my tire. Well apparently, it was a big deal because I got scolded by a lady in my class. So, the first opportunity I get, I will learn how to fix a flat tire!!! (I should already know how to do that anyway)

Believe it or not, I'm Okay with how things turned out (after crying a little, of course).  Thinking back, the pre-ride with the Cycle Youth boys was awesome, and I think I did pretty good on the time trial.  But, with the already fast women in my group plus a couple more dropping down from the sport class...top 5 just wasn't a realistic goal for me anymore.  So, I'm going to have fun, pedal forward, and think of the remaining races as training for next year.              

No comments: