Tuesday, October 23, 2012

FSC #5 San Felasco

This race for some reason has always been a challenge for me.  It's not that I find the course to be hard or anything.  I think... in the past, it was because of the grassy climb and the constant ups and downs that got to me (last year I ended the race in tears).  So when I found out I would be pre-riding with Andy and the Cycle Youth Team, I couldn't have been more excited.  I figured this would be a great opportunity to find out what I need to work on.
 
 
On Race Day,  I felt awesome.  The pre-ride on Saturday went well, and I got some good advice from Andy on braking and cornering.  And I think...with the back to back races, Drew's training, and riding with the Cycle Youth Team, I just feel like I'm getting faster and stronger.  Things were finally coming together and I was ready to fight for my 5th place spot.

 And that's exactly what I did.  I got to the single-track in the 5th position and continued on.  6th was close behind, so I knew there was no slowing down.  I pedaled faster... passing other riders from different classes, so I could put some distance between myself and 6th.  And it worked, I was able to keep my position ending the race in 5th out of 15.   



Awesome pictures by: Miss Christie and Mrs Mace. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job