Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Real Me

Just wanted to clear a few things up.  I know when reading my race reports sometimes it seems as though I'm feeling down or just have a little bit of a bad attitude.  Which is partly true.  I will be the first one to admit that I'm a "poor sport" (in the sense that I hate losing).  Oh yeah, this goes way back.  For instance, back in pre-K my Mom told me I was depressed for a week because a girl named Rachel in my class could color better than me.  And oh yeah, when I was in kindergarten, it took 3 teachers to calm me down because my teacher gave me a mark on my card for talking.  I wasn't mad I got in trouble, I was mad because Jack in my class had never had a mark on his card-which made him the winner of the "no marks on the card club".  I could go on and on.  I have to run the fastest mile in gym class (not just the girls, but the boys too). I must have the highest test scores in all of my classes.  I try to create the best science projects and write the perfect Tropicana speeches.  I'm not too good of a team player and when things don't go my way, I get grumpy. Yes, the list is never ending.  But that's just me...and I can't change who I am.

So please keep in mind when reading my blog. I'm a lot stronger than you think.  Things just get a little frustrating sometimes.  That's it.  See you at the next race- Hailes Trails- wa-hoo!!          

No comments: