Monday, September 3, 2012

Upcoming Race Season

I will be going into this race season totally different.  For the first time ever, I've actually trained!!!  Back in January, Coach Drew set me up on a training program and I have stuck with it ever since.  I'm not as lucky as most racers are in being able to train on actual mtb trails.  No...the nearest place to ride is about an hour away, so I've been stuck on the trainer during the week.  Anyway, I have come to look forward to my weekday training sessions.  I blare my Rise Against (which I'm pretty sure all the neighbors can hear) and can't wait to check out my results on the Garmin.
And finally...I'm 11 and 11 lbs heavier!!!  Last year around this time I weighed a whopping 66 lbs.  I don't think I'm much taller so, hopefully I gained the weight in muscle.  (I do seem to have some extra meat on my thighs) So, hopefully this will help me a little when racing against those women. I think this race season is going to be a lot of fun and I'm happy to be a part of the Cycle Youth Team.



No comments: