Sunday, March 8, 2009

SERC Race Gainesville

After a 2 1/2 hour drive we finally arrived in Gainesville. We stopped off on the side of the road to check out part of Hailes Trails. I think it will be awhile before I ride on the adult course, It looked a little crazy!! I practiced my course 8 times. Then, we decided to head over to San Felasco for a family ride. After our last experience, we thought we would stick with the easy trails. We had fun riding Cellon Creek and Cotton Tail... perfect trails for my sister.

After riding at San Felasco, we decided to set up camp. My sister and I checked out the animals while my Dad put the tent up. The donkeys were so cute, the hairy goat kept following me around, and let me tell you about the horse!! In the picture he looks very sweet, but don't let him fool you. Someone please help me figure this one out... I was petting him for a little bit, then I backed up into the fence, then he charged at me, took his big nose and hit me really hard on the shoulder and marched away. It really freaked me out!!















Race Day:

I did not want to get out of my sleeping bag today...it was freezing outside. Finally, I got up, put tons of clothes on, and had a little breakfast. Then, we headed to Haile's Trails. I practiced my course one time to get warmed up. I raced 6 girls this time and had to do 2 laps.
I was in the lead from start to finish.















No comments: