Sunday, March 15, 2009

Alafia

Well...this was our second time riding today. We rode River Loop earlier, but my sister was not feeling good. We had to stop about a gazillion times and it took forever to finish the trail. Anyway, it was about 5:00 in the evening and we had the park to ourselves. We started off riding Sandy Pine. Thank goodness my sister was in a good mood because the whole trail was super sandy. She had to walk her bike through some parts of the trail. While riding, we found some cow bones...pretty creepy! Of course, we had to pick them up.





















After Sandy Pine, we headed over to Bridges. I rode all of Bridges this time. I had trouble making it up the 1st steep rooty climb and I did not go down the hill towards the end of the trail. (My Dad did not think I could make it back up on the other side.) Other than that, I finally finished the whole trail!!


This is the hill my Dad would not let me go down.


Sunday Morning, I woke up and was ready to ride. We cooked bacon and eggs, cleaned up, and headed for the trails. A lot different this morning, there were tons of riders here today. We played around on the mound by the bathroom, then went for a warm up ride on Sandy Pine. After that, my Dad and I decided to ride Roller Coaster. I had some problems. On the first cinder block hill I ran into a rider going slow, I slid down a drop going sideways, and at the end, I fell when my front wheel hit a big root on a turn. Other than that, I was able to make all the climbs. The trail was awesome and I can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

Emily said...

hey madison! its your cousin Emily! :) your doing so good!!! were really proud of you! keep it up!
<3. emily

xc miles said...

thank you for the comment




madison