Sunday, November 2, 2008

FSC #5 Miami

Part of my race course

My Dad FINALLY made fire!


Taking a little nap after practice


November 1, 2008
Practice day:
After a 5 1/2 hour drive, we arrived at Oleta State Park in Miami. My Mom rented a cabin at the park this time instead of staying in a hotel. Our cabin was so cute!! It was about the same size as our tent. Inside there was a big bed and bunk beds and it had a swing on the front porch. After checking out the cabin, we put on our riding clothes and headed down to the trails. My Dad and I practiced my course 5 times, then I had fun riding in the free ride area and on the mtb dirt jumps. I think we ended up riding for about 5 hours. We headed back to the cabin where my Dad tried to make a fire. It took him about an hour and he smoked out everyone that was nearby. Finally, FIRE...we had dinner, s'mores and then went to bed.
November 2, 2008
Race Day:
There were 8 girls that lined up to race this time. The whistle blew...I finally had a great start. I made it to the rocky mile first and was able to make all of the climbs. I finished the race in first place.



Here's some parts of my race that my Dad video taped.

No comments: