Sunday, October 26, 2008

FSC #4 Race Alafia State Park








October 25, 2008
Practice Day:
We arrived at Alafia (my favorite place to ride) late in the afternoon. I went out for a practice run with my Dad and found the course to be very difficult. There were 2 uphill rooty sections that I had a hard time climbing. After practicing the course 11 times, I knew that it would be faster on some of the hills to get off my bike and run up them. So, that was the plan for race day. Then, it was time to set up camp.


October 26, 2008
Race Day:
BURRRRRR..... it was freezing outside. I finally got out of my sleeping bag and put on some extra layers, had a little cocoa and was ready to ride. I raced 10 girls this time. I was a little nervous, I had an older girl on a big bike next to me lining up. Dave blew the whistle. I had a slow start but managed to get into the woods first and held the position for 2 laps. I ended up in 1st place.

No comments: