Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lakeland Urban MTB Crit


It's been 3 years since I competed in this race.  So, when it came time to registering, I wasn't sure if I should enter in the fun or serious women category.  I decided on "fun" because well, for one, I was doing it for fun, and two because I had little experience in these types of races. I didn't want to get run over by a bunch a professional critters.




The race started and (BTW, I finally had a good start), I was leading both the fun & serious women. And to my surprise, I was able to hold my position for the first lap until I was passed by an expert/PRO rider.  I wasn't strong enough on the road to stay on her wheel, but I was kind of blown away that I was still able to keep her in sight. After completing 7 laps and finishing the race shortly after the leader in the serious class, I knew I had signed up in the wrong category. So, instead of winning the "fun" class, my Dad pulled me out of that group, and switched me to the serious class, where I placed 2nd. Super happy with my start and I'm excited that I'm finally getting stronger on the flats.

photo by: Ron Henion

photo by: Big Dog Action Photography

photo by: Big Dog Action Photography



No comments: