Tuesday, March 11, 2014

2014 Race Plan/SERC #1 Santos

I have two different race plans for 2014. Races before Nationals will be with the junior boys working on my speed.  And the second part of year will be spent with the CAT 2 women working to maintain a fast pace while going a further distance.


So, for the next four races before Nationals, my plan is to go all out and not be afraid to blow up. If I remember correctly, the National course was much shorter than the average race Dave puts on. So, I'm totally going to leave everything I have on the trail, even if it means I have to slow down the pace towards the end. This brings me to the first race in the SERC series. After a slow start, I caught up to and chased the leader all the way up until the middle of the second lap, then I died. I ended the race in 3rd place. I had hoped for a better finish, but pleased with my results when I compared them to the CAT 1 women.  Things are progressing quite nicely thanks to Coach Drew and Cody Burnett.  

Happy to have the little sis racing again. After taking a 5 year break, she managed to pull off a win.  Nice job Kiki.


               

No comments: