Sunday, October 23, 2011

FSC #5 San Felasco

Well...I thought I was ready for the race.  I had a really good practice yesterday and the course was awesome, but today, I don't know what was wrong with me.  Things just weren't right!!  Thinking back, I had a good nights sleep, woke up in good mood, and ate a decent breakfast at the hotel.  I think, actually I know, when my stinky mood kicked in... as soon as I walked outside.  It was in the forties and I HATE the cold!! I would rather it be a gazillion degrees out than anything below 70!!  The only good thing about the cold weather was that I got to wear my METAL arm warmers.

...But they were even giving me problems.  They were so big I could have worn them as leg warmers.  No problem, Dad to the rescue with the electrical tape.
Then, it was time to warm up and get the chills out of my bones or I wouldn't make it off the starting line.

OK...that didn't work out, it only made me grumpier.

 I was extremely nervous on the starting line. And looking around at some of the other racers, I had a bad feeling I was not going to make podium this time.  And I ended up being right.  Long story short.  I was in the 5th position finishing the first 7 mile lap and almost through the entire second lap. I was giving it everything, I mean absolutely everything, I had.  Then, 6th got me.  I don't know how I made it through the finish line. I had no air left in my lungs and I was crying.  Was I crying because I lost my podium spot?  Maybe... or maybe it was because I have never pushed myself that hard before.  This may sound wierd, but I think this was my best race yet.


**Thanks to the Mace Family for the pictures.

 

1 comment:

Mountain Bike Mike said...

I thought you were riding really well when I saw you on the trail. And thanks for letting me pass. You were the only one in the women's class I didn't have to ask. :-)