Monday, September 5, 2011

Tire Talk

Let's talk about MTB tires.  I know what you are probably thinking.  What does a 10 year old girl know about tires???  Believe it or not, I kind of know alot about tires. (Well, at least the tires that work for me, anyway)  So, if your interested in my not-so-professional opinion, keep reading.  For me, the WTB Wolverines 2.2 are my favorite tires.  And now with the new TCS system, my Dad was able to make them tubeless with little effort.  These tires are awesome for Florida.  From the rooty trails at Alafia to the rocky trails at Santos or even the technical climbs at Carter these tires are absolutely the best.  And because they are tubeless, I'm able to lower the air pressure without getting flats.  Lower air pressure + more traction = a ginormous help in climbing hills (I need all the help I can get).

Rolling on...while the Wolverines are my favorite, I was super happy to receive another set of WTB tires from Mr. Chris, the NANO 2.1. Not knowing what the trail conditions were like at Carter, I had my Dad throw the new set of tires on before heading over. And man... can those tires roll.  I was flying on the road and on the parts of the trail when it was nicely packed but, when it came to the sandy parts and the loose gravel, I was wishing I had my Wolverines.  It's so weird how quickly you can lose your confidence if you don't feel 100% comfortable on the bike.  Because I did not have my other tires on, I was a little nervous about going down some of the hills (thinking I was going to crash on the loose gravel).

And finally, sometimes it doesn't matter what kind of tires you have on your bike. It's just quicker to get off and run. (Rollercoaster)     
So thanks for reading my not-so-professional opinion on MTB tires. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE TIRE REVIEW

Anonymous said...

WILL HAVE TO TRY OUT THE WOLVERINES

T6 said...

WHERES OUR REVIEW

DIRTGIRL said...

SWEET CLIMB YOUR ON