Monday, September 26, 2011

FSC #2 FORT CLINCH

OK..here I was,  Little 66 lb/10 year old me about ready to race these women.  And I'm thinking...what the heck did I get myself into??  Then, the nerves started to settle in, my stomach was a mess, and I just wanted the whole thing to be over with already.

 
There was a total of 8 beginner women.  I was 6th going into the woods (not good, but better than last).  During the first 7 mile lap, racers #1 and #2 crashed, so I was able to past them and move up to the 4th position.  Feeling awesome and moving along at a good pace, I came across a difficult a climb.  I got off the bike and ran up the hill and ended up passing #3 racer. Then, I came across #2 racer and was able to pass her as she was pushing her bike up a hill. This was too good to be true. I was in second place and kept my position for the rest of the lap and throughout the entire 2nd lap.

11 comments:

Mountain Bike Mike said...

Great job, Madison. You did awesome!

Sebastian Ortiz said...

NICE.... that was an awesome job.... Keep it up...

Sarah said...

Madison as one of those you left in the dust - great job. You keep it up (that annoying training too).

dirt girl said...

great job watch uot sport class

rider girl said...

very sweet ride

RON said...

AWESOME JOB

Anonymous said...

Whoa, nicely done! Saw your podium shot on T6's site. Checked out a few blog entries here --- are you sure you're only 10?! You write a helluva lot better then most adults (and way more engaging)!

FLgirl said...

Good job in the race! Next time I'll try to keep up with you.

bopeep1019@aol.com said...

hi Madison!was just looking at ur pics very cool what kind of bike do u hav ? could c it was klein but what year and a hard tail?

MADISON said...

Good question bopeep 1019. I have no idea what year the frame was made. My Dad bought it for me about 4 years ago (it was new, but he's pretty sure the frame was made even before I was even born) And yes, it's a hardtail extra small. Hope this was helpful.

MADISON said...

COMMENTS ROCK...THANKS FOR LEAVING THEM!!!