Saturday, June 12, 2010

We Did It!!!

We started from here( the Land Bridge Trail head) and made our goal of 20 miles.


Yes, I have a story on how we made our goal. It all started on a Saturday afternoon around 1:00, that's when we got there. Of course, we were the only ones at the trail head because we are the only ones that are crazy enough to ride when it's about a gazillion degrees out!! So here we are at beginning of the trail, going good so far.


The trail from the trail head to the Land Bridge was nice. A little overgrown, but very shaded.

After making our way around the horse poop and up the bridge, it was really cool being up there.


OK, enough with the pictures!! We started feeling the heat!! We had to get back into the woods where it would be cooler. We headed toward this trail. This picture was taken after we attempted riding it.

Let me tell you why......... The trail was the most boring est, HOTTEST, flattest trail ever!!! I hated it and so did my family. There was no shade what so ever. I don't even know what to compare it with. I can say it was pure torture and I will never ride it again.!!!


Yes, we look happy, but we are really not. We have got to get out of here and back to the trail head.

Time for a break, we have about 8 miles in so far.

We headed back the opposite way towards the Santos trails riding Spider Kingdom. After about 6 miles in we turned around. So, 12 miles total on the Santos trails and 8 miles of pure torture on the Land Bridge trails we met our goal of 20 miles.


How awesome is this?... taking a black berry break.

Back at the trail head, my Dad talked to some other rider. He said, next time we should park at the 49Th Ave trail head. There are supposed to be some really cool blue trails over there. Something to try next time. I think the trails are called Nails Trails. Has anyone ever heard of them?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree those trail stink, take the main road next time

Anonymous said...

Those berries do taste good after a ride.

Anonymous said...

way to go turned a bad ride into great story.

dan said...

You're braver than me ,I start in the dark and finish before it gets hot. If I ever see you guys on the trail I'll know I'm lost.

Anonymous said...

Keep hydrated It's getting really hot now.

SHELLY said...

WAY TO SHOW THAT GIRL CAN RIP

Anonymous said...

KEEP ON CHARGING

Anonymous said...

COOL BLOG

Anonymous said...

KEEP THE STORIES COMING

Anonymous said...

love the pictures

Anonymous said...

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW YOUR PICTURE IS IN VELONEWS

Anonymous said...

keep up the riding and writting

Anonymous said...

keep it up