Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

The weekend didn't go as we planned. We were supposed to camp at Alafia, but the weather changed that. So... after running some errands, waiting, and swimming in the rain, we decided not to camp. Later, we went to Starkey Park for a little road riding.




After our 14 mile ride... I blew up the air mattress and my sister and I camped out in living room. Not as exciting as real camping, but we had a lot of fun.

On Father's Day, we were supposed to get up super early and go to Alafia. That didn't happen! We woke up around 9:30, had breakfast with my Dad, then headed out.


When we got there, we headed towards River Loop. Then made our way to Rock Garden. I decided to try something a little more challenging. I took the harder way with my Dad. The first drop was fun, the rest of the trail was a different story!! Let's just say, I'm NOT ready for that yet!!


Taking a break after Rock Garden.

After finishing Sandy Pine, we ate lunch. Then, we celebrated Father's Day with some yummy cupcakes.

My Dad and I were on our way to ride North Creek and Bridges when it started to thunder. Instead of riding, we decided to pack up and go home. Here, we go again with the rain!!

10 comments:

DAN said...

TELL YOUR DAD THAT CUPCAKES AREN'T GOING TO HELP HIM WHEN HE TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH YOU GUYS.

Anonymous said...

ITS SUMMER--- RAIN EVERYDAY

DIRT GIRL said...

good to push your self in no time those trails will be easy.

RON said...

nOW I KNOW HOE HE RIDES A RIGID --- HE HAS A CUP CAKE BUTT FOR PADDING.

MATT said...

A CUP CAKE A DAY KEEPS YOUR DAD AT THE BACK OF A RACE

PAUL said...

THAT SECOND TO LAST PHOTO ;LOOKS LIKE THE CUP CAKES ARE KICKING IN.

Madison said...

Hey Guys...quit picking on my dad, he doesn't have a cupcake butt.

Anonymous said...

DOES A MUFFIN TOP GO WITH A CUP CAKE BUTT.

RON said...

ONLY PLAYING AROUND

DAN said...

I'M NOT HES STILL A CUP CAKE