Monday, May 31, 2010

Santos Camping Trip

I was so excited to be finally going on a camping trip, especially to Santos. We haven't been there in forever! Everything was going great. We picked up Subway sandwiches on the way and decided to eat them at the campground. After eating, we put up our brand new tent. By the way the thing is awesome, it has 2 separate rooms inside. Anyway, now it's about 2:30 and guess what...it starts to rain. No big deal, we think it's going to be one of those quick rains. WE WERE WRONG!!!


Waiting for the rain to stop.

Waiting......
Waiting................
Yes, still waiting................

OK, it's about 7:30 now, still sprinkling. But, who cares we are hitting the pump track!
Time for a shower.

The next morning, the sun was shining and we were ready to ride. We decided to do something different this time. Our plans were to ride to the Land Bridge from the campground. We knew it was going to a long ride and were all up to it.

We made it all the way to this point, about 9 miles . With only 2 miles left, we decided to turn around and head back to the campground. We were so close, but we didn't want to push my sister. She was awesome!! 18 mile ride at one time would break her record. She didn't even complain, but we knew she was getting really tired. It's OK, it gives us a challenge to do next time...Or maybe we will park at the Land Bridge trailhead and ride the trails over there.

Oh, I forgot to tell you I got hit in the head by a monster branch. What are the odds of that happening. I was just riding along and BONK!! I thought I forgot to duck under a low tree or something. Thank God, I was wearing my helmet, it was filled with sawdust and bark.


After our ride, I still had lots of energy. I was not ready to stop riding. So, my Dad and I went to ride the trails over at the Vortex. This was my first time riding them. I found them to be very challenging. The climbs were rocky and steep. I loved them!! (My Mom would have been freaking out if she saw me ride them.) I also had fun watching the freeriders, they were awesome. So...even with all of the rain, it still ended up being a fun trip!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aFTERNOON RAINS ARE HERE AGAIN.

Anonymous said...

WATCH OUT FOR KIKI ,18 MILES .AWESOME RIDING

DIRT GIRL said...

I SAW YOU

Anonymous said...

YOU GUYS GO EVERYWHERE, YOUR A COOLER SWAMP CLUB. CAN I JOIN PLEASE.

Anonymous said...

GREAT BLOG, KEEP IT UP.

SHELLY said...

KEEP IT UP LOVE SEEING THE PICTURES

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great trip

Anonymous said...

I want to join too.

Anonymous said...

cool new club is forming.