Sunday, June 21, 2009

Carter

We decided to go on a "Father's Day Ride" at Carter. We brought a picnic lunch and planned on spending the entire day here. On our first ride out, we did the same course as last time. Once again, I tried to make it up the first hill on Snake Ridge. Well, I made it further than last time, but I just couldn't get my tire around a root and ended up sliding off the ridge still clipped in. Thank God, my Dad was there to catch me half way down. My Dad thought I should try it again.This time he ran behind me. I made it up to the same spot as last time and was able to unclip. One stinkin root is holding me back, I know next time I have got to get the power to ride over it, not around it. I ended up finishing the rest of the trail with my Dad running close behind me.




After that, we headed back to the picnic tables to eat lunch. Then, it was time for our second ride. We skipped some of the fingers this time, but added a couple new trails...like Lil Humper, Black Forest, and Modelo Hwy. Let me tell you about Black Forest. Nothing but a big muddy mess!! I tried riding through a monster mud puddle and ended up falling in it. It was disgusting and very stinky and there were tons of mosquitoes attacking us. I can laugh about it now, hope I didn't trash my new jersey.


I think my Dad had a pretty awesome Father's Day!

No comments: