Monday, April 6, 2009

Sebastian Inlet


After a 3 1/2 hour drive, we finally arrived at Sebastian Inlet State Park. When we got there, it was too early to set up camp, so we checked out the Fishing Museum and started looking for shells.


After that, we headed over to the North side of the jetty. I saw a couple of surfers, mostly skim boarders. They were doing some pretty cool tricks on the waves. My sister and I had so much fun playing in the water and building sand castles. Later, we had a snow cone and took a walk on the pier.

It was about 4:30 and we were ready to set up camp. We had a great campsite!! There were tons of cute bunnies running around. There was even a small area behind our site that looked like a fort. I had fun climbing the trees while my Dad put the tent up. After everything was set up, we roasted weenies.

OK, I guess it was time to go on a nature walk. My sister and I were not excited about this at all!! We are bikers, not hikers!! We explored Hammock Trail. It was only 1 mile long and we actually had a great time. We saw Fiddler crabs while walking through the mangroves, that was cool. I even pretended like I was surfing a tree.

After the walk, we watched the sunset and made s'mores.

Sunday Morning:
Woke up to the birds singing and was ready for another fun day at the beach. While taking a short walk, we stopped to watch a dolphin catching his breakfast.


The waves were much bigger today.


No comments: