Friday, August 16, 2013

Trail 2 Trail Race

Another awesome T2T race with my former teammate Kent!!!  Some really tough competition this year on the co-ed teams. I was the only female to do the MTB part of the race. And although my times were much faster than last year, I was still minutes behind the leading man on the first lap.
So by the time I made my way back through scoring, we were in 3rd place.  I handed the baton off to Mr. Kent, and he took off like a rocket.    
 
With Kent's unbelievable fast speed, he passed 2 women in our class which brought our team up to 1st place.  He was also able to give me a couple minutes head start on the last lap.    


 






During the final 7 mile lap, I kept a good pace determined not to let anyone pass me.  I finished the race in first place (co-ed team), but with only about 50 seconds to spare before 2nd place came through. Man...that was a close one!! 


    Congratulations to the entire CycleYouth/Leroy's Team.  And a special thank you to Cody Burnett for taking the time to pre-ride the course with me.

Cool pics by:  Christie Burnett, Robin and John LaManna, and Big Dog Action Photography 

No comments: