Sunday, June 10, 2012

Finally...a day without rain.  So, we decided to head over to Alafia  for my training ride on North Creek.  At the time, we just didn't realize it was going to take much longer than our normal 75 minutes to get there.  First, we were heading out of the neighborhood, when my Dad said "Umm, did I shut the garage??"  None of us paid any attention at the time, so we headed back to the house, only to find out that yes, Dad ...you did shut the garage.  Second, we were about 25 minutes away from the house, when my Mom says to my Dad, "Did you remember to bring Kai's leash?".  And my Dad says "No, I thought you had it."  Back to the house we went.  So, after spending an extra 60 minutes plus the normal 75 minutes to get to our destination, we were excited to be finally at Alafia.

I was feeling great and ready to see if I could beat my time on North Creek.  Going...going...going, almost to the end, and then BAM...my shoulder hit a tree and down I went.  It hurt, I cried, and then we were on our way heading home, until....I got the lecture from my Mom.  She talked about not giving up and all that other "Mom" stuff.  And she was right, so I told my Dad to turn the car around and back to Alafia we went.

I warmed up again, hit North Creek two more times.  Did I break my record?  No, but very happy with myself that I continued on with my training instead of quitting.

1 comment:

Christopher Averett said...

I guess it is true...Moms do know best.