Monday, January 31, 2011

6 Hours El Lagarto

Just like last time, we started off the race in the sack.

My goal going into the race was 6 laps. On the 1st lap, I thought I was keeping a really good pace, feeling strong...until I went to take a drink and ended up flipping over the bars. That hurt!! I thought I broke my hand. Even with doing my little flip, I think I still made pretty good time on the 1st and 2ND laps. On laps 3-5, I slowed my pace down adding about 15 minutes a lap. I do have to say thank you to my Mom. Although she can be very annoying when it comes to nutrition, she made sure that I had plenty of liquids and solid food in my system prior and during the race. No bonking this time!! By the 5 th lap, I was starting to feel it. But, with a personal goal of 6, I was not going to quit. On the 6th lap, my Dad and I most definitely took our time, we even stopped to check out the alligators.

1st lap

Here's my Dad and I coming in after our 6Th lap. I'm pretty sure we were the last ones to cross the finish line. We made it though, 45.6 miles and 6 hours and 3 minutes later.


FEELING THE PAIN!!

I placed 3rd in 15 and under boys


7 comments:

RON said...

nice job! congrats.

DIRT GIRL said...

you go girl!

DAN said...

roll on little ripper

rider girl said...

future world champion in the making.

SHELLY said...

keep it up , your killing it

Anonymous said...

awesome

Harlan said...

That is a pretty sweet time for 45+ miles on the mtb. You should be proud.