Sunday, September 27, 2009

FSC #2 Fort Clinch

Practice Day:
I was super excited to be racing at Ft. Clinch. The park has cool trails and a beautiful beach... my 2 favorite things! When I got there, I quickly put on my riding gear and was ready to check out my course. Then, My Dad and I went out on a practice lap. The course was a little longer than last year, I was happy about that! A little later, my Dad and I decided to do another lap with Nicholas and his Dad. I took the lead while Nicholas followed close behind. When we got out of the woods, he passed me. It was hard for me to keep up with him on the road, his tires are much bigger than mine. I really pushed myself on that practice lap and had a hard time catching my breath. Maybe I should practice with Nicholas before each race, he definitely gave me the extra push I need to get faster.


Race Day:
I was very surprised to see so many girls lined up to race. I think there were 8 of us. Dave led us down the road until we reached the woods. I took the lead, passed a bunch of boys, crashed a couple times , and won the race. Next year, I think I might try to race on the adult course in the one-timers... just to see how I would do.

No comments: