Monday, October 20, 2014

Okay...so I know I've been a super slacker at updating my blog, but honestly, I'm just too busy now. With homework and training, I have very little time to myself. So, when I do manage to have a couple minutes to spare, the last thing I feel like doing is sitting at the computer thinking about what to post. But...while I have a moment, I thought I would give a quick re-cap on what's been going on in the Florida State Series. And after that, if you are still interested in my progression, follow me on Instagram @maddie.mcdaniel. I usually post something after a race or during my easy training days. (Don't worry, I'm not one of those crazy freaks that will bombard your feed with bathroom selfies.)

Anyway, I'm racing CAT 2 women 19-99 in the series, and I think things are going pretty good so far.

photo credit: Nancy Bregg
 FSC #1 Tom Brown, I placed 4th on a super easy course among some tough competition. And to my surprise, I ended up winning the time trial, giving me 5 extra bonus points.
 













FSC #2 Hanna Park, I won. Went into the race with a plan, and it actually worked.
photo credit: Nancy Bregg
FSC #3 Alafia, placed 2nd. I really thought I had this one. In this case, my plan failed. I was hoping my technical skills would win over my competitor's power, but that just didn't happen.
photo credit: Nancy Bregg


FSC #4 San Felasco- Raced with a 101 fever and a sore throat. And to be honest, I wanted to quit after the first lap, but decided to continue on, finishing the race in 3rd place.
photo credit: Nancy Bregg

Going to be taking it easy the next couple of days, so I will be in good shape for the Markham race. That's it for now.

             

No comments: