Sunday, December 22, 2013

Okay..so everyone knows that I'm not normal.  Weird?-no, just different.  I don't dress like my friends.  I like to wear T6 tees and trucker hats.  While my friends are playing volleyball and basketball, I'm racing XC. And I'm pretty sure no one from my school (high school side too) cycles off-road, let alone race.  I most definitely don't listen to the same music.  One Direction-gross!!!-I prefer to listen to alternative, punk, and old skool rap. My parents think I'm a 40 year old trapped in a 12 year old body.  I don't act old, I just think it would have been more fun to grow up when they did.  The music was better. Back then, my Dad said he and his friends would skate from sunrise to sunset. And now...well, most kids stay inside.  I could go on and on how different I am from everyone else..........

So...when it came time for a new mountain bike, I wanted it to be as unique as me. And after seeing, Mike Davis's Deep South steel creations, I knew that was exactly what I wanted.  Measurements were taken and I was even able to pick out my own paint color. This special project has been in the works for a couple months now.  Mike Davis put in a huge amount of time and effort into making sure the geometry of the frame would be a perfect fit for me.  And the result...this amazing work of art.

After the masterpiece was created, it was sent off to Tennessee.  While my frame was being painted, two cool companies merged.  Deep South Bicycles and Moccasin Bend Bicycle Company came together... and the result, my frame was transformed into this awesome one-of-a-kind "Lula".


Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to meet Mike over in Orlando to pick up my frame.  And I gotta tell you, it is truly a work of art.  I feel like I should hang it up on my wall, rather than beat it up racing.
















Such an amazing gift, I am truly grateful. Thank you so much for your support- Mike Davis and Moccasin Bend Bicycle Company.  Gonna ride hard and make you guys proud!!

****My Dad has been working super hard to get the bike ready for me by Christmas.  Here's a sneak peek, almost ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice bike kiddo. I look forward to kickin ur butt and making you eat my dust on Christmas day. Love uncle P xoxo P.S. Maybe other way around.