Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Team Time Trial/ FSC #7 Lakeland

Yep, that's me.  The "caboose who broke loose" from the CycleYouth train:)

My teammates Adam, Sam, Jordan, and Cody ended up with the fastest lap time in the TTT (beating all the adult teams).  With Coach Chris's strategies and the guys teamwork, they were able to bring Team CycleYouth/Leroy's back up to the #1 spot.  And I gotta tell you, chasing those guys for a little while, I was able to break a couple personal records, and hey... I even got a couple QOM's too. Super proud to be part of such an awesome team!!!    
Adam, Sam, Cody, me, and Jordan

 
As the race series rolls along, I'm definitely feeling more confident.  I no longer stress out about who's lining up, and I just feel stronger.  I was super pumped to be racing at Lakeland over the weekend and hoped the technical course would work to my advantage.  Going into the race, I knew it was very important to get a good start.  I didn't want to get stuck behind riders that had to walk up climbs or used their brakes too much.  So when I heard the whistle, I put the power down and landed in the 5th position going up Sprinkler Hill.        
 

 
I passed 4th place on a rooty section taking over her position in the 1st lap.  I thought it would be so awesome if I could actually keep my spot for a 4th place finish. So, I pedaled and pedaled all while looking over my shoulder.  Feeling comfortable with no one behind me, I made my way over to Puff N Stuff.....
After that, I was heading down a flat section - when all of a sudden out of nowhere- I have a lady in front of me.  WHAT THE .......???? Where did she come from??? Oh, she was good, real good... slid right in front of me and continued on. I tried to stay on her wheel and ended up crashing. Thinking back, I don't know how I missed her.  Was I zoning out for a brief little moment,  who knows???? Well,  I learned my lesson!!  And you better believe I won't be letting my guard down again!!  Another 5th place finish for me.
 
Way to go Sam on your 1st win of the season and congrats to the entire CycleYouth Team!!!
 
****awesome pictures by:  MTBMike.com, AG Factory Racing McCarty Training, and Miss Christie
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GREAT JOB MADISON....Frank and Jared