Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 6 Hours of El Lagarto

See that Go Pro on top of my Dad's helmet???  Too bad it was pointing down at his handlebars and not at me.  Yeah, we were hoping to make a short video of the race, but it's not very exciting watching my Dad's bars for 30 minutes.  So, the only thing I have to show from the race is this borrowed picture from Mtb Mike (thanks Mrs Mace).
Anyway... going into the race, I had a goal of 7 laps.  Each year I like to increase my laps by one, so 7 laps about 7 miles long seemed to be a good goal for me.  The race went really well (except for my back killing me towards the end) and my goal was met in 5:11:49.  I actually had time to do one more lap, but I didn't have a reason to.  Now... if doing one more lap meant a podium finish, of course I would have done it.  All and all, I'm happy with my results and had an awesome time racing.          

 

No comments: