Sunday, December 11, 2011

Does She Look Smarter???
To our surprise, Madison failed her school eye exam.  Apparently, she's farsighted and her right eye is in pretty bad shape (kind of scary when I think about the trails she has been riding).  Anyway, she's really happy with her new glasses.  And now it's time to find some cool prescription cycling glasses (that don't cost a fortune).


Science Project
It's that time again.  Madison has decided to do her project on bike gears. So for the next several weekends, she will be tied up working on her project.  As stated in her research plan, she wants to determine which similar gear ratios will result in the highest speed.  Now that she's racing with the women, (that are at least twice her age and 3x stronger) she's hoping to eliminate un- necessary gear changes while at the same time maximizing her strengths .   Here she is at Morris Bridge working on a couple trials. 




Luna Rocks
A special "Thank You" to Luna for the little Christmas package.  Madison said the bar was awesome and tasted like candy. 

5 comments:

Mountain Bike Mike said...

Madison, I just got new glasses not too long ago too, and my dad ordered prescription race glasses that I wore for the first time at the last FSC race this weekend. You should have your dad email mine to see where he got them from. I love them!! I can actually see AND look cool. :-)

Mountain Bike Mike said...

eyebuydirect.com is where my cycling glasses came from if you want to check them out.

Madison said...

Thanks for the info Mike, I will definitely check it out. Oh by the way...how did you do at the Santos race??? I bet you did really awesome!!

Mountain Bike Mike said...

I did ok at Santos. I was disappointed because I trained really hard on the red trails there and was in 5th place. Then some adult guy tried to pass me on Magic Mountain and wrecked me and I banged up my leg pretty good. My chain also messed up and I had problems with it for the rest of the first lap and part of the second, when it magically corrected itself. I was pretty upset about it. I finished in 7th for the race and 6th overall for the season, but I think I learned a lot and started to get a lot better the last 1/2 of the season. Now, I just can't wait for the start of the SERC!!

Good luck with the glasses! I hope you find some you like. See you soon and have a great Christmas!!

Madison said...

Hey Mike, 6th overall for the season is awesome and you are sooo going to kill it in the SERC!! See you soon (Lakeland 6hr??) and hope you have a Merry Christmas too! BYE.