Monday, November 15, 2010

FSC #6 San Felasco

Up, down...Up, down...Up, down. If you raced on Sunday at San Felasco, you know exactly what I am talking about!! 10 hard climbs, with no breaks in between. I was definitely shocked to find out the course had been changed. What happened to the nice flowing course from last year?? I was hoping for something easy after that crazy Alafia race, but it so wasn't happening. Oh Well...What do you do when you are up for a challenge? Try your hardest and hope for good results. Thank Goodness the course is only 7 miles long.


This is so awesome... Look, I actually get to race boys about the same age as me.

The start of the race was really hard, especially the uphill grassy climb. I just couldn't keep up with the lead group. But, I was OK with my position in the race. Only 1 boy passed me, so I knew I was still ahead of the rest of the boys. And...about a mile into the race, I kept wondering why my Dad was going so slow. I thought to myself, I must be on fire today because I'm leaving my Dad in the dust. Later, after I had a small crash going down a hill, I found out that my Dad was having some serious bike issues. His handle bars were super loose and his pedal fell off and was stuck to his shoe. I think it's time for a NEW bike Dad!! Anyway, I was actually liking the course today. I didn't dread the climbs and before we knew it the race was over.

I ended up coming in 10th place out of 16 racers. I'm very happy with how I did on Sunday and wouldn't change a thing.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice jod

SHELLY said...

super result that was a hard race

Anonymous said...

keep it up

DAN said...

tell your dad to get a real bike this time

DIRT GIRL said...

wow you must be part mountain goat

Anonymous said...

hard class to race in great job

Anonymous said...

great job keep it up

Anonymous said...

super job see ya at the next race

rider girl said...

alva?

Anonymous said...

nice job