Monday, September 27, 2010

FSC #2 Ft. Clinch

Shortly after arriving at Ft. Clinch, my Dad and I decided to check out the Endurance Factor Clinic. I have to be honest, I had a lot of fun riding with some different people for a change. (No offense Dad, Mom, and Kiki)!! Drew and Martin were awesome!! They showed me tons of stuff ...including some good lines to take because the course was super sandy.

Race Day:

Time to get into my pre-race zone. Most people think that I'm intense or that something is wrong with me, but I just don't like talking to anyone before a race. Today, I was dying! The race didn't start until almost 12:00. Way too late, considering we got here around 8:00 in the morning. Anyway, I always said that when I start racing in the novice category, my goal would be to beat just 1 person (not including my Dad)....But now, I'm thinking that is not good enough!! I don't mean to be a poor sport, it just stinks that I went from always winning to being at the bottom. I guess I can't be too hard on myself, I am racing people at least twice my age and size. Hopefully, not too many years away, I will be up on the podium again!!

Race time. I really wasn't paying attention to how many racers were in front of me going into the woods. But I do know that I passed 4 boys and a lady from another class...And I think 1 man passed me from my group. By the 4th or 5th mile I didn't see any other racers, so I swore I was in last place. My Dad said we weren't. I didn't believe him and started getting very frustrated. I was thinking to myself that this really stinks...I'm pedaling my butt off and I'm still dead last.

Well, my Dad was right. We were not in last place. There was actually 10 racers behind us and I ended up finishing in 6th place. Look at the man behind me at the finish line. He could have so beaten me at the end of the race. Instead, he chose to come in behind me and said I deserved the spot. Unbelievable, I know that will never happen again!!

1 down, 3 to go!!

12 comments:

RON said...

awesome race

DAN said...

congrats

Anonymous said...

good showing

DIRT GIRL said...

love it. teach those boys how to ride

too fast for you said...

wow! didnt know you were that fast

SHELLY said...

love the attitude

Anonymous said...

keep it up

Anonymous said...

what a race

Anonymous said...

super great job

Anonymous said...

keep up theblog very fun to watch you progress.

Anonymous said...

awesome

Anonymous said...

good job